Creating a healthy and safe environment for everyone attending the 2022 National Brownfields Training Conference is our top priority. As we monitor the evolving state of COVID-19, we are establishing safety measures and protocols to provide a positive conference experience with everyone’s safety at the forefront.
EPA and ICMA will continue to follow all applicable state and local guidance, as well as the measures required at the direction of the federal government. We will continue to monitor the ongoing situation and will reassess as conditions warrant. This page will be updated when additional information becomes available.
To ensure your safety and the safety of others, we strongly encourage all eligible attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and staff to be fully vaccinated. If you need assistance finding a COVID-19 vaccination site, please visit vaccines.gov to find a location near you.
Regardless of vaccination status all attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and staff are required to wear a face mask at all conference related events.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
In addition to health and safety guidelines that continue to evolve, we are taking the following measures.
- Increased spacing to enable social distancing in all areas of meetings, including session rooms, exhibit hall, and public spaces
- Smaller capacity meeting rooms with spaced seating and designated entrances and exits to assist with one-way flows
- Increased directional signage to remind attendees about social distancing, handwashing, and mask requirements around the convention center
- Plexiglass dividers between attendees and ancillary service areas, such as Registration, Coat Check, Ask Me! Desk and food service areas
- Additional touchless hand sanitizer stations at entrances and high-contact areas throughout the OKCCC
- Use of Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization purification air system in the OKCCC
- Virus Zapping Robots! Literally. LightStrike Robots will be deployed within the OKCCC to deactivate pathogens on high touch surfaces
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Anyone with symptoms, such as fever or feelings of being sick, should not attend.
- Follow all health and safety guidelines while on the premises and at all events.
- Anyone who has been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, should not attend.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds, or sanitize your hands often, and particularly after you touch surfaces touched by others.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Maintain appropriate physical distance from others.
Even with precautions in place, please note that by registering and attending the National Brownfields Training Conference, you acknowledge and understand that you are knowingly and freely assuming all risks related to illness and infectious diseases, including, but not limited to, COVID-19. Further, you understand that refusal to adhere to any published safety measures and precautions may result in a participant’s expulsion from the event and cancellation of their registration or booth.