Updated on June 16, 2022
Creating a healthy and safe environment for everyone attending the 2022 National Brownfields Training Conference is our top priority. EPA and ICMA will continue to follow all applicable state and local guidance, as well as the measures required at the direction of the federal government. We will continue to monitor the ongoing situation and will reassess as conditions warrant. This page will be updated when additional information becomes available.
To ensure your safety and the safety of others, we strongly encourage all eligible attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and staff to be fully vaccinated and to wear a mask during indoor events. If you need assistance finding a COVID-19 vaccination site, please visit vaccines.gov to find a location near you.
PROTECTING EACH OTHER
VACCINATION OR TESTING
If the COVID-19 Community Level in Oklahoma City, OK, as determined by the CDC, remains “Low,” there will be no requirement to wear a mask or provide information about vaccination status or testing.
If the COVID-19 Community Level in Oklahoma City, OK changes to “Medium” or “High” attendees will be required to wear a mask. Attendees would also be asked to attest to being fully vaccinated or attest to acquiring a negative COVID-19 PCR or rapid test result within 72 hours of the first day of the event.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
In addition to health and safety guidelines that continue to evolve, we are taking the following measures.
- Increased spacing to enable social distancing in meeting space
- Increased directional signage to remind attendees about social distancing and handwashing around the convention center
- Additional touchless hand sanitizer stations at entrances and high-contact areas throughout the OKCCC
- Use of Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization purification air system in the OKCCC
- Virus Zapping Robots! Literally. LightStrike Robots will be deployed within the OKCCC to deactivate pathogens on high touch surfaces
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Anyone with symptoms, such as fever or feelings of being sick, should not attend.
- Follow all health and safety guidelines while on the premises and at all events.
- Anyone who has been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, should not attend.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds, or sanitize your hands often, and particularly after you touch surfaces touched by others.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Maintain appropriate physical distance from others.
Even with precautions in place, please note that by registering and attending the National Brownfields Training Conference, you acknowledge and understand that you are knowingly and freely assuming all risks related to illness and infectious diseases, including, but not limited to, COVID-19. Further, you understand that refusal to adhere to any published safety measures and precautions may result in a participant’s expulsion from the event and cancellation of their registration or booth.
A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving all recommended doses in the primary series of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Many attendees of the National Brownfields Training Conference travel with the support of federal funding. This may impact vaccination requirements. It is the attendee’s responsibility to confirm their own vaccination requirements.